Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Peter Pan and other Adventures

So Gideon has been working with Matt every night on finishing this abridged version of Peter Pan. It has been so fun to see him progress literally everyday. Some of the words he has been able to read are: the, go, said, and, to, rock, of, off, on, no, it, is, in, he, she, up, down, I, a, but, boy, boat, upon, onto, going, Hook, Peter Pan, Wendy, and pirate. His teacher has said that is doing very well at school. It is so fun to see him so excited to learn.
This morning he asked me how skin stays on our bodies. So I explained how our bodies have layers of bones, muscles, ligaments, blood vessels and skin. Then he wanted to know about our eyes and how they work. He thought that it was really cool that our eyes are connected to the brain. It was really fun to answer his questions about the body.

4 comments:

  1. That is neat. My kids went through a phase when they were fascinated by the digestive system. It evolved from simple descriptions to a break down of parts and functions. Funny, but quite embarassing in public. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure love your kids! I can't find your email address right now ... would you be able to send me your yummy chili recipe? Please? porter.jeanette@gmail.com THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to check your blog and see all the updates and pictures of the kids. He is so adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved catching up with you guys! I can't believe how big Larke is now. When's your next Enrichment? I need an excuse to see you all. ;)

    ReplyDelete