Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sisters

So I got to have a sister party the 2nd weekend in July. Sharon was already out here visiting LeAnn and me. We talked Evelyn into driving to Colorado on her way to Utah to see the 3 of us. I realized about a week before this all happened that all of us sisters would be together but one. I decided to call Juleen and see if I could convince her to come out too. It didn't take too much convincing on her part. She bought a one way ticket thinking that Evelyn could drive her back to Utah and hoping that her van wouldn't be too full. I had a week to keep it under my hat and not spill the beans.
I picked Juleen up at the airport and on the way home I got a phone call from Sharon to see where I was and then from LeAnn to discuss menus. Juleen tried hard not to giggle too loudly in the seat next to me. We got to my house and enjoyed Sharon's shock. We discussed almost the whole drive to LeAnn's how we were going to spring the surprise of Juleen being there. We ended up having her hide by the side of the house and jump out. We stayed up late just talking and enjoying each others' company. Eric made us a delicious late night snack of mozzarella on toasted bread with tomato and basil. Then in the morning we woke up and had a yummy berry casserole and got ready. We left all the kids in the charge of Eli and Natalia and had a sisters lunch and pedicure. Then we went shopping together and bought new hair accessories(especially for Sharon's new do) and got delicious frozen yogurt. We went back to LeAnn's to find a relatively clean house and happy kids. We played games and really had just an all around fabulous day! Saturday we went to a charity called Savannah's Race and celebrated Rushmore's birthday because he turned 2! Evelyn and Juleen stayed at my house and Sharon went back to LeAnn's. On Sunday LeAnn and Sharon surprised us by coming back to play games. We had a great time playing Liebrary, which is a lot like balderdash. We laughed so stinking hard. It really was one of the best weekends I have had in years. I love my sisters so much and I am so grateful to Ellie and Natalia for being good sports and keeping the kids for us the whole day. They even did the little girls hair and makeup and had them put on a fashion show. What cutie pies.


Before and after shots for Friday morning. We clean up pretty good.

3 comments:

  1. Look how cute you all are! How fun to have all the girls together - we'll have to have a sister reunion some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The haircut was SO dramatic! She looks like a totally different girl - older, more sophisticated. Feel free to tell her I said so. You girls together are adorable in those last pictures, you DO clean up well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Reading things like this makes me want to have a bunch of girls so we can have a reunion together when they're all grown up. Of course, things aren't looking good for me in that department. :)

    ReplyDelete