Friday, August 12, 2011

Rush x 2

I love this boy! He has been such a delightful addition to our family. He has this cute little run that I know he will grow out of, but I hope it is not too soon.
He loves his siblings. He love to tackle and to be tackled by them. They all adore him and think it is so fun when he learns something new or says a new word. They do not always love sharing the trampoline with him, but they are learning.
He loved the 4th of July just before his birthday. He was so fun as he pointed out the colored lights in the sky.


He is still a good napper. Aren't kids just beautiful when they sleep.
This is one of my all time favorite shots of Rushmore. He loves girl toys, much to Matt's chagrin and when Pretty Pretty Princess is out he has a very hard time sharing with others. Pink was the first color he learned. I'm not too worried. I'm chalking it up to having 2 older sisters and something that he will grow out of soon enough. If you look below you can see he already enjoys dressing up as super heroes.

He loves posing for the camera and has a hard time letting me take pictures of the other kids.
Rush is a silly, happy, fun little 2 year old. He is talking up a storm. He knows lots of colors and loves saying them over and over. He loves pointing out all the parts of our faces. He loves his tongue. He loves puzzles and books. He does not like things on his body to be fixed, like re positioning a hat or shirt. That makes him mad. He loves food and will eat just about anything I put in front of him. Like with all of my kids there is great joy and sadness in watching him grow up. Everyday him needing me less and less, a relief and a disappointment. It is a wonderful and hard thing to be needed as a Mother. I love my Rushmore. He is such a source of happiness in our home.

3 comments:

  1. ...and I love scrapbooking with Mushmore. I hope you have videos of his funny voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are cute -- but I still miss him in real life -- such a cutie....

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an adorable little guy! love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete