Wednesday, July 27, 2011

One Busy Summer

So there are so many things that I have been wanting to post about. It has been so busy around this house. We have had too much fun doing too many fun things for me to write about them. Right after we got back from California things got kicking. Getting ready for girls camp and watching 2 extra girls for a good portion of the summer occupied alot of my time that week. Then Gideon had scout camp the 2nd week of June. The week after that was Girls Camp. I went the whole time this year and had so much fun with the girls and the other leaders that were there. We all wished that we had had one more day. As soon as I got from camp I was getting the girls ready for their dance recital. 3 hours after I got home from camp we had the girls at their rehearsal. Then all of Saturday was the actual recital.
I shouldn't post pictures of girls camp on my personal blog and I don't have pictures of scout camp, but I guess I can write about them because they were very important. Gideon really enjoyed his first experience with scout camp. He got to help come up with and memorize a cheer for his purple group of boys that he was with all week. It went: "Here at Valley Day Camp we're the purple team, on the go, all day long, we won't run out of steam!" He said it a lot. He loved the chance that he had to try a little archery, and finally on the last day he did hit his target. They got to do crafts everyday and the day I was there they got watch a soda shoot out of a bottle over 6 ft. into the air. It was pretty awesome. Gideon's favorite part was getting to make a rocket and also getting to shoot it into the air. It really was a fun week for him.
Girls camp was wet, windy, and really great. I got to go with Beth Bigelow and Victoria Jones. It was so fun to get to know them a little bit better. The girls were so fun. The best night with the girls was on Thursday night. We had a fire and roasted marshmellows and ate gummy bears and told funny jokes and stories and froze together. It was pretty cold at night and I slept in an emergency blanket. I looked like a baked potatoe and was noisy, but I could feel my toes in the morning, so I guess it was a fair trade off. I was pretty excited that I finally hit the target doing archery. I think this was my 3rd or 4th time trying and I have never hit the target before. I usually overshoot and veer to the right. It was fun to finally hit the target, not it the middle or anything but still. I also got to shoot a rifle which was also fun. I have discovered I actually enjoy shooting quite a bit. I got to canoe and have my testimony boosted. I hope I get to go again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment