Thursday, November 6, 2008

30 and Okay with It!

So I had a pretty hilarious experience at church last night. I was walking down the hallway and a lady was coming in with her teenage son. She was sporting pig-tails and sucking on a caramel apple lollipop. I stopped her and asked if she wasn't too old to her hair that way and suck on a lollipop at the same time. She laughed and said that I'd figured out that she was just not going to grow up. Funny. The whole experience made me laugh. So I guess I'm trying to say I may have turned 30, but does it really matter. I'm looking forward to alot of things, and I don't want to be young and repeat all the things I've already had to learn. I'm really hoping that I will just improve with age. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! I'm just a few months behind you.

    Now I wanna know who you're talking about! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, you're so cute! (Happy Late Birthday, by the way!)
    When I turned 30, oh so long ago, I was totally devestated, but you know, I turned 31 this year and it seriously no big deal now. :) I just remind myself that I still feel young and for the most part energetic and am just as capable of doing the things I did when I was 21. In fact, I still feel like I'm 21! Well, not really. I don't get to sleep at night anymore and feel like I can pass out cold around 7 p.m. every night, but that's no big deal, right? :)

    Love,
    Ugly Julie :)

    ReplyDelete