Friday, May 17, 2013

Double Digits

This year for Gideon's 10th Birthday I made him a light-saber cake.  I used twix around the handle because that is his favorite candy.  I think his favorite gift may have been when I gave him all the left over twix that didn't get used on the cake.  It was pretty fun and easy to put together and that is my kind of cake.  He loved it.  I did home make some caramel frosting, because I thought it would go well with the twix, but that was as fancy as it got. 

 Matt bought almost all, it may have even been all of Gideon's presents this year.  He really loves gift giving and he is also very good at it.  Gideon got 3 new pairs of cuff-links  which he has enjoyed sporting since Christmas.  2 of the pairs were picture cuff-links where you can change the picture so Matt printed off Mario, Harry Potter, Bill and Ted, Back to the Future, Lego, ext.. and cut them out so now it seems like Gideon has like 25 pair of cuff-links instead of 5.
 This kid loves legos.  He got the Avengers Helicarrier set as well and loved putting that together.
 On the evening of Gideon's Birthday we had pack meeting and Gideon became a Webelows scout.  He got really embarrassed when I got to paint his face, but he ended up being a good sport about it.


 On Saturday we had the cake with cousins and went bowling.



 Then we ate out at Gunther Toody's where they made Gideon do the twist.  This picture is of him right after they sang to him.  Our poor ten year old was really embarrassed that time, but I was proud that he was able to do the twist in spite of that.  This kid sure does look up to his older cousin Spencer.  They have been pals for a long time, it has been so fun to have them grow up together.  Gideon has told me before that Spencer is his hero.  I hope they will always be great friends.
I love you Gideon.  I wonder what the next 10 years will bring for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment