Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Week 13 Ultrasound for baby #4

So I don't know about the rest of you moms out there, but I love ultrasounds. There is something so exciting and wonderful to me when I get to see my baby this way. It's probably because I won't get to see the baby any other way for a while. It's also probably tied to the fact that it helps me know that there really is a real live baby in me, which is just a wonderful thing sometimes. I guess I could trade in the feeling crabby and tired all the time, the various body parts in my ribs, the heartburn (I hate the heartburn, which I am experiencing as I write this), etc. If I could trade in all this I would, however I do feel grateful to be such a vital part in this beginning of life, and something that we as moms should be proud of and grateful for. We cannot be replaced which is a blessing and a curse. I've had a crabby day, but looking at this ultrasound makes me happy to know that sometime in July I will get to cradle this precious bundle in my arms. Why that makes me happy when I've spent the day listening to my two girls fight and cry I will never understand. It must be because I know that there are good days to be had full of laughter, and hugs, and books, and coloring, and snuggleing, and alot of I love you's.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting for you! I love ultra sounds too! Mine was at 11wks...but that is when I found out how far along I was...and it wasn't a very good picture! Oh well! I have the 20wk ultrasound on Feb 23rd! I am so excited! I am trying to convince myself that it is a girl...I don't want to be disappointed!
    I agree with you and your sediments on ultra sounds "making it real". That is the way it is for me too!

    ReplyDelete