Sunday, July 5, 2009

The parachuters right before the fireworks.
There were 5 in all this year.

Larke wrestling her Daddy.
All the kids together.
Matt watching fireworks with Gideon and Larke.

All the kids wrestling Daddy.

Eden playing with Gideon's hat.I love the 4th of July. I love being an American. I am very proud of this country with it's history and the role that it plays in the world we live in. I truly believe that God has preserved this nation and I pray that He will continue to do so. I love the fireworks show where we live. They hire parachuters every year and they float down from the sky to the music "I'm Proud To Be An American". It is so beautiful and it makes me cry every year. This year the tears fell freely, I was grateful for the darkness. Once the parachuters are done they proceed with the fireworks (which I love). The music of various patriotic songs continue to soar all through the fireworks, with of course a smashing finish. It's beautiful. The kids loved it. On our walk back to the car Gideon said that it was "the best night of his life". It was fabulous and the rain did not stick around to ruin our fun.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a wonderful night! I love the parachuters....that'd be cool...my boys would love that!

    ReplyDelete