Friday, July 3, 2009

7 Years

Matt's fire extinguisher.
Matt put dish soap in the dishwasher. We had fun cleaning it up together.

Beautiful antique box in a German antique shop in Downtown Denver. Very Scandinavian.


Most beautiful cradle I've ever seen.
The carving on this billow is so gorgeous.
Matt brought me these flowers because they were our wedding colors. I thought that that was really sweet of him.

So we celebrated our anniversary on the 26th of June because the 4th of July is on Saturday this year. Our anniversary is really the 2nd, anyway the 26th was just easier. Thanks to my wonderful sister LeAnn for taking the kids overnight for us and making it an even greater experience. So the main thing that we did were to go antique shopping in Downtown Denver. We love looking at antiques and it is something that we have enjoyed doing together from the beginning of our relationship. Kids pretty much make this outing impossible so we relished the chance to go without the kids. Our favorite store was this German store. It had so many awesome things. I of course loved all the Scandinavian stuff and Matt found an old fire extinguisher that he is excited to put up in the basement. If was wonderful to have the freedom to wander and not worry about losing any little kids. We had a wonderful dinner at Red Lobster (love love love those biscuits) and enjoyed just spending our time together.
I can't believe that it has been 7 years already. It all seems to have gone by so fast. Our lives are so different now. Surrounded by children and work and responsiblity and I love it. We have had a wonderful life together. My most favorite sound in the world is my husbands laughter. I especially love when I get to be the one to bring it out of him. We have learned alot from each other. We love our children! We love spending time together. I pray that our lives will always be this way. I pray that it will all continue and get better and better with each passing year. Marriage is so different then my girlhood dreams could come up with. Different but not to say unfulfilling. It is better and worse than I could have imagined. I am so grateful for my best friend, my helpmeet, my confidant, my court jester, my anchor, my sweetheart. I would be so lost without you, Matt. I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats you guys! That is so wonderful! My anniversary is on the 2nd of July, too, we just celebrated 5 wonderful years. :)

    ReplyDelete