Thursday, January 6, 2011

Our Visit at Grma and Grpa Christenson's

Eden playing with her tiny tea set from my parents. She loves it, it is perfect for her.
Rush being cute with toys at my parents. It may have been the only time he was cute the whole time we were there. So glad I documented it.


Larke playing with toy ice cream. She carried it around half the time we were there.
Eden being very silly stuffing ornaments into her leotard.Larke, so tired she fell asleep on the kitchen floor with her beloved ducky.

The kids love playing playdough and air hockey at my parents. There is a lot of space to play in and toys to play with. We also got to build a snowman with all that snow we drove through. I have no documentation because I was having too much fun building it and because I had to stop because Rushmore was screaming. As Gideon was putting the finishing touches on our snowman, it all fell apart. It was so sad. I was actually watching from the window telling Gideon that his cousins were there to play with him. He had made a face with pieces of wood and had done such a great job. I watched it all crumble and I saw Gideon's despair. It was pretty tragic to see him work so hard and have it all fall apart.
Rushmore was such a punk at my parents house. Every time my poor mother would enter a room he would scream at her even if he had just been playing with her minutes before. He got to have rides on her walker and talk to her and show her how he stuck the toys on his fingers and still I can't count the number of times he screamed at her because she walked in his general direction. I got so mad at him as we were packing to leave. He was being especially bratty that morning. (probably overtired and teething, but still) I finally looked at him and told him off. I don't believe he yelled at her anymore. Maybe he just needed a stern talking too. Thankfully I know my Mom still loves me and a very undeserving Rushmore.
I love being with my family and I am so glad we got to share part of our Christmas with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment