Sunday, January 2, 2011

December Randomness


























































I am not quite sure where December went. One minute it was here and I was crazy busy and the next it's all over and it's a new year to boot. These are some of the things we did in December before we traveled to Utah to visit family. We did building kids club at Home Depot. We saw the Parade of Lights downtown. The older kids loved it and insisted on sticking it out until Santa came, but Rushmore was a pill. We went to the Winterfest in our town. The kids favorite part of that was getting Rudolph glasses, so that when they would look at all the lit up trees they saw Rudolph everywhere. Matt and I were trying to reenact one of our favorite pictures of Gideon when he was a baby. At the Winterfest in 2003 Gideon wore the same jacket that Rushmore was wearing this year, but we just could not get Rushmore to smile. And for some reason we thought Gideon was up on Matt's shoulders, but he wasn't. Oh well, they were still cute pictures.
Decorating for Christmas was fun this year. The kids were so excited to help. Matt left the lights rolled up, lit, and up on the roof like that for 3 days. He wanted to put up a sign that said baa hum bug. I finally got up there and did them myself. I am grateful I didn't fall down. I am also grateful that when my phone slid down the roof that it landed in the bushes and received no damage whatsoever. Last but not least I made about a million cookies with my sister and friend to give to those we love. Always a good but stressful time. I made fudge, peanut brittle, fudge jumbos, cashew caramel thumbprints, meringue santa hats and pecan pie bites. And I gained 3 pounds in December so I must have enjoyed the food. Rushmore it turns out has gotten in all four of his eye teeth this month so all the grumpiness was somewhat warranted.

1 comment:

  1. So fun, Kathy. I just love seeing pictures of Eden and Larke together - they just light up together. And seeing that plate of cookies made me salivate all over again:)

    ReplyDelete