Thursday, January 6, 2011

Evanston



As I said in my last post we did not leave until after the girls dance recital around 6pm for my parents. There was snow the whole way. It was the snowiest drive we have ever had thus far. The roads were never super scary (well to Matt anyway, I may have been a tad bit scared). We made it to Rock Springs around 12:30 and I was pretty done in and wanted to stop for the night. We decided to carry on the trek and after gas and potty breaks got back on the road around 12:50 or so. We didn't make it to Evanston until 3am and by then I was completely done in. We stopped at a Motel and tried our very best to get some rest. The kids were troopers and did awesome in the car. They slept and were pretty good about transferring to the room. We tried to let Rush sleep in bed with us, but after a while he wasn't interested. We put his blanket on the floor and I laid down with him there. He fell asleep in about 5 minutes that way. He woke up around 5am but I did the same thing with him again and he fell right back to sleep. It was not the most comfortable bed, but we were no longer on snowy roads in a moving vehicle. The kids loved waking up in the morning in the hotel. Matt got some cute pictures of everyone. While Eden was in the bathroom he got a picture of Gideon and Larke really asleep. Everyone started getting up then and he was trying to reenact a sleeping picture with all three of the older kids and Larke kept on opening her eyes. He'd say "let's try again, this time Larke, shut your eyes, pretend to be asleep" She just could not keep those eyes shut. We have like 6 pictures of them in bed together, every single one Larke has her eyes open. The kids thought it was so awesome to watch cartoons in the hotel room. They also loved the continental breakfast. All in all it was a swell yet tiring adventure for us all.

2 comments:

  1. gotta love Evanston! I go there frequently, seeing as my hubby is form there. At least I get to sleep in comfortable beds. So sorry it was such a snowy trip and you had to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had to do that before, but because the freeway was shut down. I seriously hate that drive, but it is worth it to see family. So glad you all had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete