Sunday, November 7, 2010

Visiting Evy

















































































The best part about going to Dallas was being close enough to visit my sister Evelyn and her family. They live in a little town called Glen Rose about 1 hr and a half away from Dallas. We had a great time visiting with them. I got to be an aunt to my 4 neices Natalia, Alexandra, Isabella, and Makenna and my step-nephew Jack (who is totally awesome) without my own kids needing my attention. That was probably my favorite part. Makenna loved going back and forth between Matt and I saying which was the favorite of the minute. Most of those minutes, I'm happy to say, I had the favorite status. I loved getting to tuck them in and just plain getting to be with them in their own home. My brother in law Scott works at a place called Fossil Rim. It is the coolest place. He drove us around the free range animal preserve in a zebra jeep. We fed all kinds of animals. I fed the ostriches and emus out of the cup and giraffes right out of my hand (my favorite part, it was so awesome, yet slimy). The rest of the animals we fed by throwing the food on the ground because they would bite. We learned that girl rhinos are so cantancerous that they need a decoy boy rhino in a separate area to get the other boy rhino to reproduce with the ladies. We learned that Emu eggshells are the same color as their beautiful neck feathers. Giraffes muzzles are soft, their tongues are slimy and the bottom half is purple but the top half is pink. We learned that male giraffes have darker spots and we saw the male kick a deer in the antlers to get the deer away from the food. (that was cool) We also learned that all the cheetahs in American zoos can be traced back to the Fossil Rim animal preserve. We also got to race two cheetahs in our jeep. Of course we were separated by a fence and the jeep only got up to about 35 mph. We felt like we were on a Safari. It was so much fun. My biggest thanks to Ev and Scott for having us and to the kids for loving us. It was a great time and we can't wait to visit again.

1 comment:

  1. We loved having them too. It was great fun. Everyone should try visiting their siblings, but not bringing their own kids. It's amazing how cool you are without your own kids to harass you.:)

    ReplyDelete