Thursday, August 5, 2010

Flutterbys






We went to the Butterfly Pavilion this week. Which by the way is much cheaper if you have a group of atleast 10, but you have to make a reservation atleast 72 hrs in advance. You get a whole $2 off per person if you do this so I think the forethought is worth the savings. All the kids were brave enough to hold the tarachula except for Larke who is apparently afraid of everything right now. She doesn't want to touch it and she doesn't want it touching her. The kids had fun frolicking around looking at bugs and trying to take pictures of the butterflies. I enjoyed being with my wonderful sister LeAnn and her sister in law Karen. It was fun and the gift shop unfortunately has some very cute things that I really had to restrain myself. One more thing about the Butterfly Pavilion. Gideon and Spencer tried to scare me with a fake taranchula that Spencer was holding in his hand. I, however, was not fooled and I flicked it out of his hand and it landed right in front of a Dad there with his kids. He however was fooled and it gave him quite a scare. I think his wife enjoyed his discomfort the most, but it was definitely a highlight to my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment