Thursday, April 22, 2010

Gideon Turns 7

Ben 10 Amatrix Cake.
Jedi cape made my Grandma Christenson.
Gideon bowling for his birthday.Spencer and Gideon chowing down on Popcorn in-between turns.My sister LeAnn with Rushmore. I realized that I don't have very many pictures of LeAnn. Sad!
Poor Rushmore. All he wanted was for me to hold him.

The girls watching the ball .

So Gideon wanted to go bowling for his birthday. His cousins came to go bowling with us and we had a great time. LeAnn won. We bowled for 1 and 1/2 hours with 7 people and one lane and finished only one game. I let the girls pretty much bowl on their own and they were so slow. I'd watch as the ball would take two minutes to roll down the lane. For those of you who haven't been bowling in the last 10 years they have started measuring how many mph the ball goes down the lane. For a very large majority of the game we were under 2 mph down the lane thus the almost 2 hrs for 1 game of bowling. Gideon was so funny. He would kind of run up to the lane and try to let the ball fly. It would bounce with a loud clunk and start it's slow journey to the pins. It was a little expensive, but I think we all enjoyed it and I wanted his birthday to be special.

Gideon has 4 loose teeth right now. He is reading very well. He amazes me sometimes with the words he figures out. He loves his siblings. He is still my biggest helper. He loves video games, especially when he gets to play with his Dad. Eden is his biggest fan and tells me daily that he is the handsomest and that she wishes he weren't her brother so she could marry "The Handsome" which is her newest nickname for Gideon. We love him dearly. He is such a good big brother.

3 comments:

  1. Love the cake -- I would say if you made one game of bowling last that long - we got your money's worth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I didn't think that you and Shannon look much alike but judging by this one picture I think that you and LeAnn must look alike! Hope to meet her someday! Looks like Gideon had a fun birthday!! Can't believe he is 7!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good time! I need to take my boys bowling. They would love it.

    ReplyDelete