Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Eden turns 5!!

Painting her book from Grandma Jones.
Eden got 3 pair of dress-up shoes for her birthday. The girls sporting all of them.
Eden sporting her birthday clothes.
I think she likes the blanket I made her just a little bit.
Blowing out the candles. I think it took her 5 blows.
At her party.

I love this picture of Eden with her cousin Lolo. They have really started to love each other this past year. This is the only picture I have where you can kind of see the egg garland Aunt M'Recia made for Eden's Egg Birthday Party. It turned out so cute. Thanks M'Recia!
I even made an egg shaped cake for Eden's party. I think it turned out cute.
These were the invitations that M'Recia also helped me come up with. I'm so glad M'Recia and Brent came for a visit. M'Recia was so helpful and helped me plan the whole party.Eden decorated the outside of the invites with stickers.
This was the 1st birthday party that I have thrown for Eden. It was probably alot more fun to plan than to actually execute, but Eden loved it. It was the perfect time of year to do an egg party because all the Easter stuff was on sale. Eden did actually choose to do an egg party over a princess or butterfly themed party. Who knew? We made shrinky dink egg necklaces and had an egg hunt. I hope everyone had a good time. Then Eden got to have her cousin Lolo spend the night which she loved.
I have such a hard time believing Eden is 5. She is such a funny, dramatic, little girl. She is either loving on everyone and there are rainbows everywhere or her life is over and nothing good ever happens to her. The other day she told me that she didn't want to be Eden anymore. She said that she wanted to change her name to Rainbow because Eden just wasn't pretty enough. I told her basically, tough nuts, I love the name Eden and I would never call her anything else and that she could pretend to be Rainbow but that I would never change her name to that. In the same week she cried for 45 minutes because she didn't like how I did her hair that day. It just was not up to her standard of pretty. She has been saying recently that she wants to have 10 kids. I wonder if that will happen. It is so exciting to see her become Eden.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe that she's that old either! They grow up too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an imagination -- makes me laugh that she thinks her name is not "pretty" enough! Remember when you had your ultrasound with her and you wanted to look pretty for her -- that seed got planted deep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 6 year old still cries when she doesn't like how I do her hair!

    ReplyDelete