Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Many Faces of Rushmore
















































Rushmore is two months old tomorrow. He is more than 12 lbs and about 23 inches long. I will have more precise stats after I take him for his 2 month check up, this is the best I could do with Eden holding him on the scale and a ruler. He has slept a 9 hr stretch at night for the last 5 nights (knock on wood) and hopefully he will continue because he is getting too big for his bassinet. We have been worried about him waking up Gideon at night so we haven't moved him to the crib yet. Maybe we'll try tonight. He is smiling more everyday. He loves being held, especially be Mom. He loves his pacifier which is a blessing and a curse. Matt says he cries alot which I suppose he does sometimes, but I think he is a fairly average baby when it comes to crankiness. He is not overwhelmingly happy or sad. He does spit up more than the other kids have, but nothing too bad. I love seeing the other kids with him. Larke shares her ducky, Eden sings to him and Gideon feeds him bottles of pumped milk and holds him when I need two hands. They are good helpers. We have some crazy days, with Larke potty training and Rush needing to nurse along with all the other stuff I have to do it can be hard to balance everything. My house is not very clean now a days and we often eat dinner at 7. Oh well we will find our groove again, right. Plus he's worth the chaos.

6 comments:

  1. He is getting so big! I can't wait to hold him on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! It really is hard to have a new baby and fit him into a routine. My home is still a mess and Riley's 5 months now! I'm hoping for the groove to start soon! Your kids are adorable. I love the photo shoot idea for Larke. I'll have to try it in about 2 years :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the pictures Kathy - I check back often for updates and it was a jackpot today - very cute.

    Oh and tell Matt, I think any baby sleeping 9 hours at night gets a couple of be cranky free cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Kathy! Rush is adorable! I just want to kiss his cheeks! He is getting so big! Good job Mom! Still need to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! I think he's either already bigger than Camille, or soon will be. He looks different from his other pictures already-now I don't know who he looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure did enjoy holding him on Sunday. I'm gonna miss you guys. We had fun...bruised head and all!

    ReplyDelete