Friday, May 8, 2009

Let's Go Fly A Kite







On Sunday we had a picnic with the kids and tried to fly the kite that we got for Gideon for his birthday. We had been waiting for a windy day for a couple of weeks and I thought it finally looked windy enough to try. Matt and I decided that the highest we got it to go up was about 40 ft. and the longest time was probably about a minute and a half. In other words we were not very successful in our attempts. However I have to say that I don't think I've ever had so much fun failing at something. The girls kept on trying to catch the x-wing every time it would go up for 10 or 20 seconds and come right back down. We kept at it right through a 10 minute drizzle laughing all the way. I hope that we can have many more kite flying adventures.



1 comment:

  1. it's hard to fly a kite, huh?! i found that out too, a month or so ago. maybe we'll have better luck next time.

    ReplyDelete