Thursday, December 18, 2008

Our Christmas Letter

I'm not doing an official Christmas letter this year except for here on our blog. Time and energy have both escaped me, making it impossible to do any more than this.
I guess we'll start with Gideon. He will be 6 in April and is really enjoying Kindergarden and learning how to read this year. He has made a couple of friends at school and seems fairly well liked. He has a little crush on the cutest blond girl in his class and I have to agree that she is very cute. He's discovered that he loves Star Wars Lego game and He loves to play with his sisters. Eden is his favorite for quality make believe, but he enjoys wrestling with Larke. Gideon has a very sweet and sincere testimony in God and Jesus Christ. He always wants to go up and bear his testimony and he loves giving talks in Primary. He is a sensitive, helpful boy and we love him very much.
Eden will be 4 in March. She loves skirts and refuses to wear pants even when there is snow on the ground. Reasoning with a 3 year old is like pulling out teeth. She loves dressing up still and is often seen dancing around the house. One of the funny things that Eden does is complement people. She notices people's clothing and shoes especially and often expresses her like for them. Eden loves playing with Gideon and sometimes Larke, but she is also often content to play all by herself. She loves giving and getting hugs and can be very sweet. She does have her bad moments. She does not like being told what to do except by Gideon and she will often throw a fit when she doesn't get her way. This happens often with other adults like her dance and nursery leaders. I am hoping that this is something that she will grow out of seeing how she is very pleasant otherwise.
Larke is wonderful and terrible at the same time. She is 2 and into everything. She loves to raid our pantry and I often find cans of soup and craisin all over the house. She loves sitting on my lap and disrupting whatever I'm doing. She loves drawing on the floor and making a mess whenever possible. She also has the most contagious smile and laugh and I can't stay mad at her very long. I find I look forward to her sitting on my lap even though it makes typing very difficult. As I'm writing this she is sitting on my lap drawing all over herself with a pen saying "I did it Mom". Larke still loves her Ducky blanket although I don't let her leave the house with it anymore. She can't sleep without her ducky. She sings all sorts of little songs, Jingle Bells is my favorite right now. She is endearingly frustrating like most 2 year olds and I find myself hoping that she doesn't grow up too fast.
Matt is enjoying work. It keeps him busy and feeling fulfilled. He is a wonderful Dad and I love when he comes home and I hear the kids all run to the door and say "DAD" all of them clamoring for hugs and kisses. They all love different things about Dad. Gideon loves playing video games with Dad. Eden loves to snuggle with Dad and tell him how much she "loves his car, and likes his car, and loves him and likes him, and loves his sunglasses and likes his sunglasses," all in one breath. Larke loves to wrestle Daddy and give him hugs and be tickled by him. Matt is a great friend and husband to me and our life together is great. He especially loves me when I give him time to play Oblivion which is his new Xbox game that he loves.
So now it is my turn. My life is very much wrapped up in the other people that I have already written about. Alot of what I do day in and day out is dictated by them. I do however have a few things that I do for myself. I still play volleyball on Fridays when we have enough ladies to play. I take part in my Ward's book group and card making exchange. I got to be the Volleyball coach for our Young Women, which was very fun. I am the Enrichment Leader right now in our Ward and that keeps me nice and busy. I am also pregnant with our 4th child. The baby is due July 14th and we are all hoping for a boy. I'm sure however that we will enjoy whatever the Lord sees fit to send us. I love my life even though sometimes it seems overwhelming.
I am grateful this season for the many blessings in my life. I'm grateful for Matt, that he works so hard and that I can stay home with the kids. I am grateful for the Savior and his atonement and that He gives my life purpose. I pray that I am becoming the kind of wife and mother and person that would feel comfortable in his presence. Merry Christmas and our love to you all this joyous Christmas Season.

11 comments:

  1. Ha! I was waiting for that announcement! Congratulations! ♥ That was a great post, start to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these little updates! Glad things are going well...and congrats again! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why I haven't noticed this before but Eden is sure looking grown up lately. I guess I don't take the time to stare at her when I'm around her. Your family is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on baby 4. i love hearing how you all are doing. thank goodness for christmas letters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering where your card was! Isn't this cheating?:) You should send Gideon out to play star wars legos with Derek. We just got it and Derek keeps getting mad at me for killing him all the time. I am terrible at it. That is a cute picture of all the kids in front of the nativity. Good idea!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! It was fun to read about what your kids are doing! They are all so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Blog! It was nice to catch up! I'm glad your having another, 4 is challenging, but tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! I LOVED reading this family Christmas letter! Your kids are so cute...and I must say that posing them with the nativity set was such a great idea! But...I'm not surprised. You have always been creative like that! (No surprise you're the enrichment leader either!)

    Congratulations on #4!!! I hope you're feeling good! Have a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on Baby #4! July is a great month to have a baby in! I am due on July 7th! Imagine that!
    Love your update on the past year! And thank you for your christmas card! LOVE it!
    Hope that you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What number 4! I miss alot when I don't come to book club! Congratulations and let me know how I can help!

    ReplyDelete