Friday, July 2, 2010

8 Years!


So today is our 8 year anniversary. I can't believe that it has been that long and yet it seems too that it should be longer than that. I have a hard time remembering life BM(before Matt). It seems like we have always been together. Life together is not always rainbows and sunshine, but when it is, it is so wonderful. Married life is so much better and worse, fulfilling and lonely, beautiful and frustrating than I ever was able to imagine BM. Sometimes we fall out of sync and we have to work to love each other. Other times we are ridiculously in love. Most of the time we are somewhere in the middle leaning one way or the other. For the most part we are very happy together and life is good. We have learned a lot about forgiveness and being forgiven. We still have a long way to go, but I am so grateful to be on this journey with him. He makes me think about things that I've never thought about, he has improved my vocabulary and grammar even if I was a sometimes unwilling student, and he makes me laugh everyday. I love watching him teach our kids, tickle our kids, read to our kids, laugh with our kids and loving our kids. I still adore his hair and his laugh is still my most favorite sound in the world. He is my best friend and I am so grateful that in this whole wide world of people we were able to find and love each other. I love you Matt, and always will. Thanks for 8 wonderful years.

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly why we love you so much -- you are our favorite daughter-in-law -- by far....

    ReplyDelete