Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ode to Great Grandma Jones

My Father in Law, Mike with his mother Margie.
Grandma Jones at M'Recia's Wedding. I love this picture of her.I put this picture up because I love her bathing suit. So cute.Arthur and Margie on their wedding day.
She was always so stylish. Such a pretty lady.Great Grandma Jones with Eden and Gideon when he was still Scooter.
Her name was Margie Fay Lewis Jones. She was a generous beautiful woman. She passed away Thursday, April 22nd at the age of 83. Some of the things that stood out to me about Grandma Jones were that she loved to be crafty. Her home was full of stuff that she made. Margie loved to crosstitch, arrange flowers, paint, and decorate cakes. I loved visiting her home at Christmas. She always had beautiful ornaments on her tree and a Christmas villiage under her tree. One of the things that has stuck out to me from the funeral is my Father in Law saying how he always thought that she was the most beautiful out of all the mothers he knew. I loved seeing her pictures and trying to imagine what her life was like growing up in a small town on a farm in Utah. She had the spunk to leave that small town and go to California when she was done with High School where she married and raised her 5 children.
One of the things that I enjoyed most was visiting the town she grew up in. It was very small. The church where her Dad was a Bishop for 16 years was a shell, but the home where she grew up is still lived in, by I don't know who. We saw the hill where she used to play and where one of her siblings is buried. I also enjoyed learning that she was a Temple worker for years, just like my Grandma Anne.
We love you Grandma Jones. You were a gracious, beautiful, generous woman. You will be sorely missed.

2 comments:

  1. Wow seeing Gideon so little makes me see how much Rushmore looks like him!

    Super cute Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to see these pictures of Mom when she was healthy and happy!

    ReplyDelete