Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Kids are so Silly

So I thought I would do a post about some of the funny things the kids have been doing lately. Larke I guess is the one that has been just cracking me up. This morning she obviously was sticking pretzels up her nose. On Sunday she said to me during a prayer "Wake up, Mom" and then after Gideon and Eden both bore their testimony on Sunday she said "I want to talk" and proceeded to work her way up to the stairs. Thankfully the stairs are as far as she got. She is talking so much which has been fun. She dresses up all the time now since that is what Eden does. She dances around with Eden all the time and she loves the color pink.
Last night Gideon came up to me and said "So you know how I went to bear my testimony and I said Hi I'm Gideon Jones and everyone laughed. I didn't like that." I felt so bad because I could tell he didn't know what to do when it had happened the day before. Although everyone was laughing because it was just so cute and confident, it sucked the confidence right out of him to hear people laugh. I thought he was going to come down crying, but he paused for a moment looked scared and carried on. My poor boy, that may be the last time he bears his testimony for a while. He was so brave.
Eden has been saying the funniest prayers lately. She prays for everyone to be thankful for their bodies and then individually mentions all of our names. Then she will pray for Gideon to stop crying (both Eden and Gideon cry when it is not their turn to say prayer) and for Larke to be reverant since Larke is usually making some sort of noise during prayer. A few weeks ago I went to a work party with Matt and I got all dressed up in my black dress and straightened my hair. I looked nice which doesn't happen all that often. I came down the stairs and Eden gasped, ran to me, and said Oh Mom you look so beautiful. Then she burst into tears and said "I want to go to the party". I consoled her and after a few minutes she was over her disappointment and said "Mom you need a necklace. Let's go upstairs and get you one." So we proceeded to go upstairs to pick out a necklace for me which I took off in the car since it didn't really match my dress. She is just so cute with all of her accessorizing.
I love these crazy sweet kids.

3 comments:

  1. This post melts my heart. Your kids seems so cool! I can't wait to be a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, the pretzel in the nose thing is awesome! I can just see Emily figuring that out one of these days!
    Sorry Gideon, we all love you & are proud of you and your testimony!
    Emily has been saying prayers like Eden's, it's hilarious. She also gasps like that whenever I put on make-up (which doesn't happen often). Isn't it so much fun!

    ReplyDelete